The Ghan Expedition
A unique and epic experience, explore the wonders of Australia's vast interior with one of the world's most renowned rail journeys- The Ghan Expedition from Darwin to Adelaide.
Beginning in Darwin, this four day, three night, 2979km all inclusive journey will take you to some the most remote and captivating parts of Australia in style and comfort. Operating April to October, your adventure through the country's vast, varied , and captivating interior will leave you speechless. It's the ultimate Australian out back experience.
- 4 days / 3 nights aboard The Ghan
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally - inspired menu pared with a selection of local wines
- Off train experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs, and Coober Pedy
- Evening Off Train Experience in Manguri
- A spectacular dinner under the stars at the historic Telegraph Station, Alice Springs
- Explore Nitmiluk Gorge's powerful natural wonders and rich Indigenous culture
- Venture into the underground opal mining town of Coober Pedy
- International and domestic flights
- Meals other than those specified
- Departure taxes
- Gratuities / tips
- Visa fees
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- All items of a personal nature
Your journey begins with a morning departure from Darwin. Once you're settled into your private cabin, mingle with fellow travellers or sample the exceptional food, wine, and service onboard. When its time for lunch, savour the regionally-inspired menu accompanied by a selection of all-inclusive wines and beverages, before an early afternoon arrival at the Top End township of Katherine. Take a relaxing cruise through Nitmiluk Gorge's ancient natural wonders and exploring the regions rich Indigenous culture. Enjoy dinner as the sun sets over the outback, then back in your cabin you'll find your bed turned down. Fall asleep as the train rolls smoothly onwards.
After your first night on The Ghan, you'll be greeted by a morning view of the spectacular Red Centre. A full day of excursions awaits you in the outback town of Alice Springs. An optional upgrade is a scenic flight to Uluru, returning in time to meet the rest of your fellow guests at a spectacular barbeque dinner under a million stars at the historic Alice Springs Telegraph Station.
From your morning stop at the outback outpost of Manguri, you'll venture onto the weird and wonderful opal mining township of Coober Pedy, where more than half the residents live underground. Here, you'll enjoy a day of discovery, and a gourmet lunch in the most unique of locations: underground. Dinner is served back on the train where you can enjoy a nightcap as your journey continues.
Enjoy a leisurely brunch as you prepare for your mid-morning arrival into Adelaide.